Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fachwerk and "Jacob's Ladder"

Spent a nice spring day, when I should have been outside, instead in front of the computer working on 3D models. I was able to get a substantial amount of work done on the second floor of Building A, which entailed fiddling with Blender settings to unfold the mesh a bit cleaner, looking at photos online to get ideas on German exposed timber framing (Fachwerk), and trying things out in GIMP. A screenshot of the Blender interface, showing the work in progress:


On a totally unrelated note: I also spend the afternoon crawling through YouTube while working on my model, listening to whatever caught my fancy. Today is was "Jacob's Ladder" by the Canadian prog rock band Rush. Madness, I say! Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment