Friday, December 10, 2010

Vertical Beams Completed

Just finished getting all the vertical beams inserted into the mesh, which I have highlighted in this screen capture in white:




All the beams were based on one root mesh object, to which I applied both a color and bump map channel. Once this was done, I made a copy of the mesh inside Edit Mode (Shift-D) and then dragged the copied mesh to the new position. So that the same face of the beam was not facing out on each beam, I rotated the copied mesh object 90 degrees on its z-axis. On every fourth rotation I would rotate the mesh object on its y-axis. This provides a possibility of eight "unique" faces for each beam, hopefully giving the viewer a sense of variety while not increasing the work load of the designer (me, that is) too much. Next development task: the horizontal beams.



No comments:

Post a Comment