Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflecting and Refracting with the Fountain

More than halfway with reimporting developed game models, which entails opening the models up in Blender, removing the object scale (Alt-S) and rotation (Alt-R), and redoing the rotation and scaling in Edit Mode. For fun, I decided to throw in a model of a fountain into the museum square instead of a tree. I also wanted to play with the water reflection and refraction capabilities that Unity offers. Almost every German town has a fountain at the center of town and, in my opinion, Bad Oberdinkelheim should be no different. This is what I got:




The second floor of the museum is reflected in the water and the bottom of the fountain is refracted through the water. All in all, very easy to do with no coding involved; just drag-and-drop functionality that is controlled through the Unity GUI. 

3 comments:

  1. Coooooooooooooollllllllllllll.... Are you still working left-handedly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, although today a did a little with my right hand. Not too much, through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to make myself ampi-dextrous. And a ventreloquist.

    ReplyDelete