Thursday, January 27, 2011

Start, Info and About Screens Finished

Took a break from doing modeling in Blender, where I still need to make game resources (bottles, cans, trash), and spent a few days getting the game start, about and information screens setup. With Unity, this was a snap to do and only required minimal scripting in C# and light image creation skills in GIMP. This is what I got:


Start Screen

Info Screen

About Screen

In the coming days, I will try to make a screen capture of the game as I also included a really nice sound loop that I found on FlashKit, which unfortunately does not come across on screen shots. I'll probably also get back to making the final game resources before getting down to writing the instructional materials for the game. Nevertheless, I'm happy to say that I'm weeks ahead of schedule and should be able to test the game out in-class in April.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I can't wait for the game to come out.

    P.S. is the picture up there at the top o' the blog a photo, or CGI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natron1: When the game is ready for release, I'll put it online for the .zip file to be downloaded. Should be sometime in April. As for the image, just a simple German road sign (railroad crossing) that I grabbed off the Internet (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Diagrams_of_road_signs_of_Germany) and fixed in GIMP.

    ReplyDelete